Prancing J-Settes Virtual Auditions, May 20-22, 2020

Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic the Prancing J-Settes Auditions will take place via online. Sign up today via www.sonicboomofthesouth.com

Views: 17910

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my opinion Dom only had one routine ‘Sally’ that was worth watching and that was after football season was over. She was cool but another stand and parade captain. I didnt care for Morgan H at all, not one routine stood out and she lacked. Kayla was a stand captain that is her legacy. 

None of the captains mentioned above could choreograph worth a dern. 

Stuntboi06 said:

I disagree, Dom did great her year. Morgan H didn't do bad her second year at all, first year was messy cause the drama, but the second year wasn't bad just people were still stuck on the mess. Also Kayla did awesome both of her years.

Peachyp said:

Chloe has a flawed insight. The only captain that did well under her was Morgan J and Tierra. Everyone else brought the ‘brand’ down. Jsettes just need a new coordinator. 

Stuntboi06 said:

Yall seem to forget with the J-Settes many of your fav past Captains were not the "Fan favs" or "Fan Picks", some of them never even stood out or commanded presence as some of you state. Take for instance the Legendary Shanketta Newsom. Ketta wasn't a stand out, she wasn't the fan pick. Heck she made the squad on an emergency tryout and only had one full season under her belt when she was chosen. Everyone knew it was going to be Corretta because she was the stand out and fan fav, and don't get me wrong if Corretta would have got that spot she would have ate as well, but Ketta... Sister came through and made everyone know her name. Same thing with Jasma, everyone thought it was going to be Janear, and again either would have killed in the spot, but as you can see with the Settes just because they don't stand out as a potential captain doesn't mean they can't bring what is needed when given the spot. KiKi has done well as a Sette and I think alot of people doubt her because of her small frame and because she didn't try to over dance, but if she gets it I know mama gonna step up to the plate. There is so much more to being a captain than the dance side of it and really the only person who has that insight is Chloe and the people on the inside. Alot of people can dance, but can you lead a squad and put them before your own shine?

No worries love you are entitled to your opinion, I just have a difference of opinion.

Peachyp said:

In my opinion Dom only had one routine ‘Sally’ that was worth watching and that was after football season was over. She was cool but another stand and parade captain. I didnt care for Morgan H at all, not one routine stood out and she lacked. Kayla was a stand captain that is her legacy. 

None of the captains mentioned above could choreograph worth a dern. 

Stuntboi06 said:

I disagree, Dom did great her year. Morgan H didn't do bad her second year at all, first year was messy cause the drama, but the second year wasn't bad just people were still stuck on the mess. Also Kayla did awesome both of her years.

Peachyp said:

Chloe has a flawed insight. The only captain that did well under her was Morgan J and Tierra. Everyone else brought the ‘brand’ down. Jsettes just need a new coordinator. 

Stuntboi06 said:

Yall seem to forget with the J-Settes many of your fav past Captains were not the "Fan favs" or "Fan Picks", some of them never even stood out or commanded presence as some of you state. Take for instance the Legendary Shanketta Newsom. Ketta wasn't a stand out, she wasn't the fan pick. Heck she made the squad on an emergency tryout and only had one full season under her belt when she was chosen. Everyone knew it was going to be Corretta because she was the stand out and fan fav, and don't get me wrong if Corretta would have got that spot she would have ate as well, but Ketta... Sister came through and made everyone know her name. Same thing with Jasma, everyone thought it was going to be Janear, and again either would have killed in the spot, but as you can see with the Settes just because they don't stand out as a potential captain doesn't mean they can't bring what is needed when given the spot. KiKi has done well as a Sette and I think alot of people doubt her because of her small frame and because she didn't try to over dance, but if she gets it I know mama gonna step up to the plate. There is so much more to being a captain than the dance side of it and really the only person who has that insight is Chloe and the people on the inside. Alot of people can dance, but can you lead a squad and put them before your own shine?

If Mary gets captain, I hope it’s because she outdanced Kionna at tryouts and not because all 3 judges are her sorors.......................

Kaylon Voovam said:

Exactly!! That’s why I’m rooting for Mary honestly. She sorta shocked me when she lead basketball season last year. Pressure makes diamonds, so I’m sure she can rise to the occasion. Plus, I’m expecting a good size freshman class for the settes, and Mary’s leadership ability and spunk is definitely the way to go if they wanna bring the new girls in right.

Stuntboi06 said:

Cleannn!! Just needs a little power and she’ll be fine.

Eric said:

Every other team is announcing their captains and we’re still waiting lol. The J-Settes and Dolls know how to keep us fans on the edge of our seats. The wait is killing me.

If I am being honest, when it came to choreo and field shows my picks for captain would have been Autumn, mama can pump out choreo. Such a shame should could never get the running cuts, but field and stands mama owned that. Mak 18 looks like she would have brought some good Choreo also, but Autumn was honestly my first pick when looking at field work.

Squad announcement!!! No captain announcement though

Yeah this is a fresh squad coming into the 2020! Gorgeous and I mean gorg crop of J settes this year, can't wait to see what they bring, nice to see Kenjanae make it this year! Did she tryout last year too or am I mistaken? 

I was not expecting the team to be announced this early. They look great! Unfortunate not to see Niakhol return but her crab sisters will hold her down! 

Justin S. said:

I think it was a smart decision to confirm the squad early since there’s so many crabs, that way everyone has time to prepare for the season. I just don’t want a repeat of ‘16 with the captain announcement.

Anatasia1100 said:

I was not expecting the team to be announced this early. They look great! Unfortunate not to see Niakhol return but her crab sisters will hold her down! 

Justin S. said:

yay for the fresh new squad! I am so excited to see Kenjanae on the team. I'm hoping the old heads will come back and assist with the girls. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Marchingsport.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service